OK, Facebook wasn't really created in Namur...
But it could well have been, and here's why:
Central location at the heart of Europe, giving access to over 420 million consumers within a radius of 600 km (i.e. less than an eight-hour drive by lorry).
Set at the crossroads of several international links (road, air, rail, waterways) between France, Germany and the Netherlands, Namur is also the decision-making centre of Wallonia; the city lies at the junction of two European transport corridors:
- E42 (Paris- Mons-Charleroi-Namur-Liège-Cologne, west-east) and E411 (Amsterdam-Brussels–Namur-Luxembourg, north-south);
- Namur is a Thalys (high-speed train) stop on the Paris-Cologne line;
- three airports are accessible less than an hour away by road: Brussels, Charleroi, Liège;
- inland waterways: the Meuse and the Sambre rivers link the north and the south of Europe.
The BEP, the Namur economic development agency, is a partner of Awex, the Walloon Export and Foreign Investment Agency.
Namur is a young and dynamic region (30% of the population is under 25) where the quality of education is high.
The economic activity is based on a dense structure of SME’s and the tertiary sector is widely predominating.
The Government of Wallonia offers services and financial support to investors (R&D, training, investments,…) to develop the projects linked to the competitiveness clusters gathering companies, universities, research and training centres, in the strategic axis of Wallonia:
- Aeronautics & Space industry (Skywin)
- Agro-industry (Wagralim – in Namur)
- Mechanical Engineering (Mecatech – in Namur )
- Healthcare (Biowin)
- Transport et logistics (Logistics in Wallonia)
- Green technologies (Greenwin)
Namur is renowned for its multiple facets of the notion of « well-being », also integrated into the local development actions:
- Sustainable development at human scale ;
- Quality environment and respected rurality;
- Quality collective services : education, healthcare, transport, ICT, etc. ;
- Natural region, rich of its history and traditions ;
- Balance between economic development and rurality…
BEP offers specific real estate solutions and services for companies involved in the most strategic sectors regarding the economic structure in Namur: culture and creative industries, agroindustry and health, eco-building and environment, industrial processes and ICT.
BEP proposes moreover a custom-made support to companies as they set up in the province of Namur:
- Individual coaching with a dedicated counsellor ;
- Collective actions : training, seminars, workshops, trade missions abroad ;
- Partners networks : BEP is a member of professional and thematic networks and offers so to companies a direct link to neighbouring countries, to European Union and even to the rest of the world.
Our Business parks and relay centres
BEP guides investors willing to join Namur throughout the process of making the optimal choice between a greenfield solution, an existing building, office spaces, a warehouse, … in other words the area best fitting his needs, and proposes them:
- 33 business parks ;
- 25 relay centers for SME’s under 5 years, allowing them to rent small workshops at affordable prices and to let the CEO stay concentrated on the development of his projects and means of production ;
- One Smart Work Center ;
- 3 thematic parks: Crealys®, the Science and Technology Park of Namur, Ecolys®, dedicated to eco-building and sustainable development and Mecalys®, for industrial process oriented companies.
Next to Business Parks and relay centers, BEP also helps any kind of investor while searching for suitable properties, thanks to a real estate database.
More information : http://www.bep-entreprises.be/implantation/
Featured7 April 2017
The BEP is planning to develop a new business park on 13 hectares in Bouge. In line with its most recent initiatives (Ecolys®, for example, which targets green building), the bureau is continuing to opt for specialised business parks. For the Bouge venue, the theme of health has been chosen and, more specifically, health products and […]
KIABI chooses STRATENET to raise its visibility in Belgium and the Netherlands The French ready-to-wear clothing giant Kiabi (turnover of 1.7 billion EUR in 2015; close to 450 shops and several e-commerce sites accessible in 32 countries) has decided to place its trust in the inbound marketing agency Stratenet to improve its visibility and make Kiabi a household […]